Coney Island, Singapore.
CONSERVATION, PRESERVATION AND INNOVATION BY: RETAINING AND RECYCLING
RETAIN (Conserve & Preserve):
- Retain original island as it is with minimal disturbance
- Plants are propagated and planted with minimal introduction of ‘imported’ plants
- The design allows visitors to explore and experience the island in its original rurality, away from the bustling city, and into an adventure of rustic Singapore.
- Overpopulation of Casuarina equisetifolia.They are the most abundant and invasive.
- Casuarina trees branches are recycled for benches as well as processed into timber planks for the boardwalk
- Existing concrete blocks lining estuary south banks are recycled for estuary crossing and estuary mouth debris screen